Step into any live casino around the world and one of the first games you’ll see a crowd of people huddled around is blackjack. A simple game of “who can get closest to 21 without going over”, blackjack has become a firm fixture of the industry for a variety of reasons; bitcoin blackjack being an improved way to play the classic game online.
For some, the allure of a game that pits you one-on-one with the dealer is enough to get the juices flowing. For others, the simplicity of its mechanics and the ability to implement various strategies is what gets them to sit down and ante up.
Naturally, with the game’s popularity showing little signs of fading, we’ve made it a top priority here at VegasCasino. Although the number of active tables might not be as high as our bitcoin slots, blackjack has pride of place in our lobby. In fact, as you’ll find out later in this bitcoin blackjack guide, the game has taken on a variety of forms in recent years.
While many of the games we offer stay true to the original dynamics, bitcoin blackjack as a “genre” has taken on a life of its own. Today, on top of classic variants, we offer everything from high roller, double exposure and Pirate 21 blackjack. As part of our commitment to bringing you the latest innovations and the best bitcoin casino games, we’ve crammed as many different types of blackjack into our platform as possible.
Basically, if you can’t find what you’re looking for in our bitcoin blackjack lobby then it either doesn’t exist or it’s not worth playing. So, with this in mind, let’s take a look at why bitcoin blackjack is so popular and which tables the crowds are huddled around here at VegasCasino.
Bitcoin Blackjack: Breaking Down the Basics
OK, so what is blackjack? Just in case you’re a complete beginner and only know what blackjack is because of Rain Man or The Hangover, let’s take you through a quick crash course on the game. As we’ve already mentioned, the aim of the game is to get as close to 21 (or 21 exactly) without going over.
It all starts with a bet and a goal…
Each round of bitcoin blackjack kicks off with a new bet (typically 1 mBTC+). Once you’ve placed your bet, you’ll receive two cards while the dealer gets one (face up). At this point, the total value of your starting cards will form the basis of your next move i.e. if you have a total that’s close to 21, you can stand or if you have a total that needs improving, you can hit.
Each card in the deck is worth its face value, with picture cards (jacks, queens and kings) being worth ten. The only card that offers something different is an ace. Essentially the most powerful card in the deck, an ace can be worth one or 11 depending on the situation or your preference. For example, if you were dealt an ace and a six, you would have a total of seven or 17.
Hit, double or split…
In situations where you want to try and improve your total, it’s possible to hit (take a card) for free. But, if you feel as though you’re in a strong position, you can double down. In this instance, you’ll get just one extra card, but you’ll have to pay for it by matching your original bet.
Similar to doubling down is splitting. If your first two cards are identical, you’ll be able to add another bet to the table and split them into two hands. When you do this, you’ll receive a single card on each new hand before you’re asked whether you want to hit or stand.
The best total wins…
Finally, once you’ve made your moves, the dealer will draw a second card (or reveal the one that’s been face down since the start). If the dealer’s total is 16 or less, they have to draw another card. Anytime they have a total of 17 or more, they have to stand. Once everyone has made their moves, the player with the best total wins.
If that’s you, you’ll win a 1:1 payout. Additionally, if you hit blackjack, you’ll receive a 3:2 payout (slightly different in some games). Anytime you bust or the dealer hits a better total, you’ll lose the round and your stake.
Blackjack: Bitcoin is Better
As you can see, the basic mechanics of bitcoin blackjack are pretty simple. In fact, it doesn’t matter if you’re playing one of our traditional variants or sitting at one of the more exotic tables, the main flow of action will follow the dynamics outlined above. Naturally, we’re proud of the way our games have stayed true to the simple beauty of blackjack, but what makes them better than the rest?
It shouldn’t come as much of a shock to you to know that the reason our games have captured the attention of the masses is because of Bitcoin. Created in 2009 by Satoshi Nakamoto and offering a new, more efficient way to pay, Bitcoin is now making online betting a better proposition. Why? Well, there are lots of reasons, but for the sake of ease, here are three of the most important:
- It’s Safe – Bitcoin was created online and that means it’s built to withstand the negative forces of the Internet. When you send or receive bitcoins, each move is not only verified and recorded by the blockchain, but no personal information changes hands. This means you can deposit and withdraw funds without cybercriminals getting access to details that could then expose you to an attack.
- It’s Universal – One of the major problems with the online casino industry over the last decade or so is that it couldn’t cater to the general population. Instead of offering games in every currency possible, operators have tended to push players to make deposits in one of three currencies: USD, GBP or EUR.
Anytime you have to deposit money in a currency that’s not your own, you run the risk of paying additional charges. Bitcoin solves this issue because it’s not specific to a certain agency or country. So, wherever you are, you can deposit, play and withdraw in a single currency and not worry about additional charges.
- It’s Efficient – Making a bitcoin deposit to play blackjack is just as slick as funding your account with a debit or credit card. In fact, making a deposit with bitcoin is better because each transaction is a one-way process. What we mean by this is that once you’ve sent your money, it comes directly to us and the transaction can’t be reversed.
Not only does this make it virtually impossible for criminals to intercept your transaction, but it means we’re less likely to be hit with chargebacks (when someone claims back a deposit they didn’t make, i.e. in cases of credit card fraud). Because we don’t have to worry about chargebacks in the same way traditional casino sites do, we’re free to spend more money on innovations and promotions. Basically, when you bet with Bitcoin, you’re actually helping us to give you more!
Five Reasons Why You Should Try Bitcoin Blackjack
Whichever way you look at it, bitcoin blackjack is easy to play and digital currency makes everything better, but what about the game itself?
As nice as it is to play something simple using a well-appointed currency, there must be some other reasons why you should give blackjack a try…? Well, since you asked, yes there are. In fact, we’ve come up with five reasons you’ll want to race to 21 from as little as 1 mBTC:
- It’s Full of Skill – If your read our bitcoin blackjack strategy guide, you’ll know exactly why this game is favoured by professional players. Because of the way it’s set up, there are several possibilities to improve your chances of making a correct move and, in some situations, turn the tables in your favour. From assessing the strength of the dealer’s hand to card counting, there are multiple ways to win more when you play bitcoin blackjack.
- It’s Fast and Furious – Although slots have the monopoly on speed in the bitcoin casino world, blackjack is certainly no slouch. The average hand will take less than 10 seconds (assuming you don’t make multiple splits) and that means you can place more bets and win more per hour. To help make our games even quicker, we have rebet buttons that will automatically set your next bet and deal the next set of cards so you can crack on without delay.
- It’s Suitable for Everyone – Aside from offering something for professionals, blackjack is a great game for casual players. As we’ve already shown earlier in this bitcoin blackjack guide, the basic structure of blackjack takes just a few minutes to learn. Unlike baccarat or craps that have some slightly obscure rules, blackjack has just three basic moves: bet, hit and stand.
- It’s Affordable for All – Here at VegasCasino, we want everyone to experience the thrills of blackjack. Because of this, you can play all our games for free. Selecting the “practice” option will take you to a game that’s almost identical to the real thing. If you’re more interested in playing for real money, then we’ve kept our lowest limits as low as possible. For example, Satoshi Blackjack allows you to play a round from as little as 0.1 mBTC.
- It Has Some Hidden Gems – Although most people will play bitcoin blackjack because of the game’s core elements, many of our variants have some interesting twists. For example, Super 7 Blackjack has a bonus bet that allows you to win up to 5,000:1 on your stake. Little hidden gems like this are not only great for your bankroll, but they’re things that help to separate our selection of games from the rest of the industry. By giving you more ways to win, we think you’ll find more reasons to join our blackjack tables and experience the real beauty of this game.
10 Ways to Play Bitcoin Blackjack
OK, so we’re almost at the end of our bitcoin blackjack guide and the only thing that’s really left for us to do is give you a quick overview of the games we offer. Although you’ll find all the information you need once you create your first account and browse our site, the main thing you need to keep in mind is that we’ve got 10 different ways for you to play. Not only that, but we’ve got betting limits that allow you to play at a level that suits you.
At the lowest stakes, 0.1 mBTC will set the cards in motion, while our high-roller tables allow you wager 5,000 mBTC like a pro. Beyond the table specifics, our software allows you to rate each game you play (and see other players’ ratings) and save them for instant access at a later date.
Finally, just in case you’re not sure what you’re letting yourself in for before you press the play button, each game has an information pop-up. When you hit the “i” button, you’ll get a breakdown of the table’s betting limits, whether it has any bonus features and anything else you need to know before you place a bet.
So that’s about it. Before we leave you to make your fortune playing bitcoin blackjack, here’s a quick look at the games you can find when you become a member of VegasCasino:
- European Blackjack
- American Blackjack
- Atlantic City Blackjack
- Multihand Blackjack
- Double Exposure
- Single Deck Blackjack
- Pirate 21
- Super 7
- Live Dealer Blackjack
Hopefully this guide has given you enough information to go out and enjoy the best bitcoin blackjack has to offer. If, for some strange reason, we’ve missed anything, never fear because you’ll also find everything you need right inside the virtual walls of VegasCasino.io.